Would you like creating awesome websites ?? Then you have landed at the right place. I think you have seen some awesome websites out there and now you are curious to know how to create websites. Which means that you want to become a web developer i.e the person who develops websites.
Therefore today I will tell you how to become a web developer.
Before I tell you how to become a web developer first let’s understand who is a web developer.
Table Of Contents
- Who Is A Web Developer And What Does He Do
- How To Become A Web Developer
- Types Of Web Developers
- Which Skills Are Required To Become A Web Developer?
- Getting Started With Web Development To Become A Professional Web Developer
- Benefits Of Becoming A Web Developer
Who Is A Web Developer And What Does He Do
A web developer is a programmer who specializes in or is specifically engaged in, the development of World Wide Web applications, or applications that are run over HTTP from a web server to a web browser. – Source Wikipedia
Next, what does a web developer do? A Web developer s develops, modifies and designs a website.
How To Become A Web Developer
Types Of Web Developers
There are three types of web developers. They are as follows –
- Front End Web Developers – These are those developers who work only with the front end stuff like designing the website. You need to learn HTML, CSS, JS and more advanced stuff like creating a parallax scrolling website.
- Backend Web Developers – As the word says these are those developers who work in the back end i.e the one who writes the server side code. You need to learn PHP or other server-side languages for it.
- Full Stack Web Developers – A full Stack developer does the job of both a front end as well as a backend developer. For becoming a full stack developer you need to learn all the languages like HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, ASP, etc.
Which Skills Are Required To Become A Web Developer?
For becoming a web developer you require skills like –
These are the required programming languages and you need to know them if you want to become a web developer.
Getting Started With Web Development To Become A Professional Web Developer
Best Resources To Learn The Basics
- XHTML and CSS Tutorials By Bucky Roberts – View Playlist
- W3schools is a great website for learning HTML – Visit W3schools
These are the basics that every web developer should know.
Once you get a good hands on the basics you can move forward and learn the further stuff that I will tell you about.
Now you need to decide that what type of web developer do you want to become? I will tell what to learn for all three of them.
Front End Web Developer –
If you want to become a front-end developer then here’s what you must learn.
Since you want to become a front-end developer you need to focus more on the looks/design of the website. Therefore you need to learn stuff like CSS3 and HTML5 look out on different CSS frameworks, CSS animations, etc
You must also learn miscellaneous stuff related to the web designing like creating a parallax scrolling website, building a carousel, etc. This kind of stuff keeps on changing depending on the web design trend and you need to keep yourself updated with it.
Tip: You can use CSS precessors like SASS or LESS to save your precious time.
- HTML5 Tutorials By Bucky Roberts – View Playlist
- Bootstrap Tutorials By Bucky Roberts – View Playlist
- Creating A Parallax Scrolling Website
Backend Web Developer –
Becoming a backend developer is not an easy task. the backend is where no mistakes are allowed. You need to know how to write programs and figure out the best possible algorithm to complete the task.
As you want to become a backend developer you need to know the server-side programming languages like PHP, ASP, SQL, etc.
You can also learn building stuff for CMS like WordPress for creating awesome WordPress themes, plugins, etc. Since WordPress powers, 28% of the Internet It will be beneficial for you and will addon reputation to your web developers profile.
Useful Links For Learning Backend Web Developer
- PHP Tutorials By Bucky Roberts – View Playlist
- W3schools ASP Tutorial – Visit W3Schools
- WordPress Developer Resources – Visit WordPress.org
Full Stack Developer –
If you want to become a full stack developer you need to learn the skills of both a front-end developer as well as a backend developer.
For becoming a full stack web developer I would recommend you to first learn the front end development and then go for the backend skills.
Benefits Of Becoming A Web Developer
- Working as a web developer gives you a freedom to show your creativity. You can build your own software, scripts, themes, plugins, etc.
- As a web developer can work remotely yes it’s true that you don’t need to be at a specific place for doing your job you can do it from anywhere around the world.
- You can be your own boss and you don’t need to always follow someone’s instructions.
- Web developers are platform independent programmers i.e you can create websites on any operating system.
You may have noticed that I am mostly recommending you videos of Bucky Roberts and w3Schools website. It’s because those videos and websites had helped me a lot in my initial days and I hope they them too.
Finally, I wish you all the best for your career as a web developer.
In case if you have any problem/queries understanding my post or any problem/queries regarding web development feel free to ask me in the comments section below. It would be my pleasure to respond to them.
And one more thing if you liked the post please don’t forget to share it with others.